Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year.................... Welcome 2015

 I'm Back To Quilting Again....... And So glad to have this new year starting......

It's been a long year away from the blog but I am back and lots to share with everyone over the coming months.  My hiatus from the blog has had numerous reasons, time mainly, but also completing my 2nd nursing degree......BSN completed!!  I finished my last class on December 17, 2014.  YIPPIE!!

Since then I have been quilting and cleaning in my studio to get everything ready for a busy year of quilting.  I've taken down every book and magazine I have related to quilting.  I'm going through them one by one and either keeping, donating to the guild for hostess gifts, donating to the guild library, or sending to my daughter for her library.  The magazines I am going through and pulling out pictures of inspirational quilts that I want to keep.  I put these in page protectors and put into a 3-ring binder.  Then whenever I need some inspiration I can go through these books.  I started that process when I began quilting in 1992.  I have several books with quilts that I still love and may replicate someday.

Thanks for all of the e-mails wondering where I've been.  My bee girls have questioned numerous time when I would be returning to my blog but now is the time, a new year and new goals for quilting for 2015.

One thing I am going to do with the cleaning up and out of my studio is again make a list of the current UFO's (Unfinished objects 'projects') that I have.  Sort through them and decide which to finish first.  I currently have one of mom's scrap quilts in the longarm working on it.  She of course can piece 5 quilt tops to my one.....we still call her the 'energizer bunny' in our bee group.   


On a 'lighter' note ......



Roger and I have been doing Weight Watchers and walking since June of 2014.  I've lost 45 pounds and Roger has lost 46 pounds.  We feel great and are loving walking together. 

We are off to visit Roger's mother in Florida.  Looking forward to some warmer weather for a day or two.

Happy Quilting,
Shelia

No comments: